1. Remove bandage after two hours.
2. Gently clean tattoo to remove any excess Vaseline from the tattoo process.
3. Leave tattoo unbandaged to recieve air.
4. Wash tattoo daily:
A. Wash lightly with warm, soapy water using only fingertips. Do not scrub with a washcloth or body sponge of any kind.
B. Blot dry with a towel, being careful not to scrub or irritate the tattoo.
5. Apply a small amount of Jergens non-scented lotion (other hand lotions will work as long as they are non-scented) twice daily. Be sure to rub into skin to avoid moisture build-up on fresh tattoos. If your tattoo looks wet after applying cream, you applied too much. Wipe some off.
6. Repeat steps daily for 10-20 days after receiving your tattoo. Remember that everyone is different! Your tattoo may heal in 7 days or it may take over 3 weeks, so don’t worry.
7. The most important thing to keep in mind is: DO NOT PICK SCABS!!! This will pull color from your tattoo and increase the chance of scarring your design.
8. Remember to keep your tattoo out of the sun, whether it’s old or new. Sunlight fades tattoos faster than anything. Keep a good sun block on the tattoo when in the sun for any significant period of time.
How to tell if you have one, and not just an irritation, or other problems:
- Redness and swelling
- Feeling of abnormal heat in or around tattoo
- Pain, especially throbbing or spreading pain
- Unusual discharge, yellowish, greenish, or grayish
If you have any questions about your tattoo, feel free to call and ask. And remember, you paid for it. Now take care of it!